mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco

The ESC and traction control light come, the front brakes

Customer Question

the ESC and traction control light come
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the front brakes and low speed makes a kind growling noise and then the warning lights come on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if it is possible
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: that's only problem for now
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  mike switzer replied 7 months ago.

what year and model is your vehicle?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
2009 HHR

on this vehicle the abs wheel speed sensor is part of the wheel bearings if the bearings are going bad you will hear a noise under braking at low speeds. and the bearings being bad will effect the abs system which will set that ecs light off. i would take your vehicle to your local shop so they can pinpoint which bearing is bad.

if you have no futher questions in regards ***** ***** issue a moment of your time would be appreciated for a rating on my service as this is how i am compensated by the site.