GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I have 2012 chevy traverse and the rotors are stuck, I am

Customer Question

I have 2012 chevy traverse and the rotors are stuck
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I am changing the rear rotors and have tried everything to get them off. The rotors spin but do not want to come off with hammer and I even tried to make sure emergency brake is not stuck on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: The hammer and lube
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  thomas hill replied 7 months ago.

on the rotor on the hat the part the wheel mates with is there a hole or a rubber plug in it

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
there is I took that plug out and dial back the emergency brake and it still won't come off

ya a big rust ridge has built up on the inside edge of the rotor where the e-brake is not wide enough to keep cleaning the rust off and even with it adjusted all the way in it won't go by i would keep pulling and it will pull and working at it and the hold down springs will brake or pull threw sounds like you will have to get a hard were kit for the e-brake

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I had to take the whole wheel assembly apart on both rear tires and then I beat the hell out of the rotors until they came off. It ended up being a 13 hour job, but it runs like knew.