Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

Thanks in advance advice. I have a 97 Silverado with a 350.

Customer Question

thanks in advance for your advice. I have a 97 Silverado with a 350. I tested both the battery and the alt, both are good. Truck not charging. Meter in truck shows 12 then quickly to nine volts and then dies. Any suggestions?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Above
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Start first with making sure the #4 fuse in the interior fuse panel is okay and if it checks okay the you are going to need to do some testing. See the steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view the steps.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Alternator%20test%20Mar%2029.pdf

See the wiring diagrams in the ling below for reference as well.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Alternator%20Wiring%20Mar%2029.pdf