Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

1989 corvette no spark at plugs 350 getting no spark on

Customer Question

1989 corvette no spark at plugs 350 cid getting no spark on plugs, pulled and looked cranks ok just conked out the other day distributor module ???
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: wont start, engine cranks ran battery down but recharged, had a similar problem a year ok and it was the throttle positioning sensor, checked that the volts going thru are within tolerances Question can the tpi sensor cause plugs not to fire ??
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Chevy Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes last time I was in shop they misdiagnoise and it cost me $1,000 OUCH
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked volt to tpi sensor pulled 2 different plugs no spark, I am thinking distributor module or pick up board, again can the tpi sensor cause plugs not to fire??
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: not that I can think of
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roy replied 8 months ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

2 common issues for this. the ignition module in the distributor and the pick up coil attached to the distributor as well. this would give you no spark at the plugs

Roy

Expert:  Roy replied 8 months ago.

how are you making out

Expert:  Roy replied 8 months ago.

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy