GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I have a 1995 chevy silverado, and the battery keeps dying

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 1995 chevy silverado, and the battery keeps dying on me. I've taken it to a mechanic and they said they couldn
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Chevy Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: This first time the battery ever died, I messed up and left the dome light on over night, but since then I have made sure that everything was off before getting out. And now every once in a while the truck will stay running even after the key is removed from the ignition.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Maybe, it just depends on what the problem ends up being
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: The battery is new, and I made sure the truck wasn't running when I got out lastnight, but when I tried to start it earlier today it had still died.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: The last mechanic I took it to said they couldn't find any problems, so I really don't know much about what is wrong with it.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Roy replied 6 months ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** i will assist

does the battery go dead after sitting???