Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

2004 Chev Silverado 1500. Have some very strange electrical

Customer Question

2004 Chev Silverado 1500. Have some very strange electrical problems. Start the vehicle and all is good. Turn the heater fan on and all the dash warning lights come on. While driving, if the electric window switch is pushed, the truck wants to lose all power and again different dash lights come on. Also, the 4wd comes on intermittently by itself.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, this may be an issue with either the body control module or the instrument cluster. I need the vin number so I can look up the correct schematics

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Vin number is ***** I think I found the problem. The voltage drop to the body is almost 2 volts. To the engine it is only 50 Millivolts. So the question is, where does the body get it's ground?

Never mind - found it and all working