Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Out of the blue, my '02 Silverado LS (5.3l v8) on starting,

Customer Question

Out of the blue, my '02 Silverado LS (5.3l v8) on starting, the horn chirps unless I have my foot on the brake. I've had the thing for 10 years and it never did that. I would like to fix or stop whatever is causing that.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible.
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: Not that I know of.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

lets try something simple here first..

remove both battery cables from the battery,,touch and hold the _ and the - together for 5 seconds then reinstall the cables back to the battery..

let me know if that fixed the problem

thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Was that supposed to be hold the positive and negative cables together for 5 seconds, after they were removed from the battery? (It looked like an underscore line and a dash)
I will have to wait until my lunch break to attempt this. 2:30ish

yes,,after you remove them from the battery

just let me know when you try it

thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Things have been a little hectic lately, but I finally had a chance to try the cable solution.
It did not work.
What do you suggest next?

ok

i would think from the way you explain the problem..

that you may have a bad bcm[body control module]

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/inbwwiugcy379qg/0330-chevy-The%20Body%20Control%20Module.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/inbwwiugcy379qg/0330-chevy-The%20Body%20Control%20Module.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help