Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.

How do I check the automic transmission fluid on a chevey

Customer Question

how do I check the automic transmission fluid on a chevey optra?
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: my 2007 chevey optra does not have a dip stick for the transmission fuild, how then do i check the level and how do I add fluid
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I can not find where to look for fluid level
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: You tell me. This is a korean made chevy and it is an automatic station wagon
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 6 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

the 2007 should have a dip stick.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This vehicle does not have a dip stick

the Asian 40le should have a dip is a 4speed,right?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is a 1.6 DOHC and has the AIAIN81-40LE automitic transmission
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
sorry I mean aisin81-40le

please stand by.

someone will be with you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please send me an e-mail as I have to leave my garage now. Thanks John
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 6 months ago.

Here is the procedure on this. It had to be ripped from Suzuki's service information, as GM doesn't have anything in their own manual about it. This should tell you everything you need to know to correct the fluid level on your Optra.