Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness

I installed after market radio and now the lights where my

Customer Question

I installed after market radio and now the lights where my odometers are stays on
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well I have a 2010 tahoe with bose ...used the pac 5 harness to install puoneer deck
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ted G. replied 7 months ago.

The Bose radio in your Tahoe is part of the Controller Area Network of the vehicle. You cannot replace it with an aftermarket radio because other parts of the system will lose reporting from it and start to set codes. You "might" be able to have a technician enter the body control module and delete the radio from the module listing, but honestly I have never done that on a 2010, so It would be trial and error to see how it worked. This needs to be done with a GM factory tool, assuming it can be done. If possible, I would recommend replacing the OE radio, altering the CAN system of the vehicle is really not a good idea.

Expert:  Ted G. replied 7 months ago.

Did you have any further questions?