Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

I have replaced athe bad reductant heater on the DeF tank

Customer Question

I have replaced athe bad reductant heater on the DeF tank and need to reset the speed limiting service exhaust fluid light. Check engine light is off.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2012 Chevy 3500 now limited to 55 mph I have made the repairs but need help resetting the permanent code?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — GM Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I have enclosed the reset procedure in the first link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it. There is also a service bulletin that may apply if you have problems getting it to reset. I have also enclosed it in the second link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/DEF%20reset%20Mar%2028.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Service%20reset%20bulletin%20Mar%2028.pdf