Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.

My name is ***** *****, My 2006 chevy silverado 1500 is

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****, My 2006 chevy silverado 1500 is having issues with the crew cab locks. they will not unlock with the driver side lock switch most of the time only occasionally (key fob broke so no idea if it would with that) they will sometimes unlock when the key is removed.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: replaced an actuator and it did not solve the issue
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If anything after market is wired into your vehicle like a remote start or alarm system this can be due to a fault with the way it was wired in or an issue with the control unit/ecu for the after market system needing replaced.I have seen these systems cause this type of fault here before needing replaced or re wired and causes issues like this.If this does not have any after market components let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for the response. No there is nothing after market in the truck. I swapped the lock and unlock relays and the problem reversed itself. I then replaced both relays (just in case) It has been working all day with no problems.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

That is great to hear.It sounds like one of the relays itself may have been at fault mainly the unlock relay.I have had to replace these before for this fault here.Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete