Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Looking location of my headlight grond, 2001 chevy s10 2.2l

Customer Question

Looking for the location of my headlight grond
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2001 chevy s10 2.2l headlights don't work found that I have a bad ground and I don't know where itis
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
all lights are working except headlights. Even the daytime running lights work.
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** hi beams or flash to pass option work? Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no, only daytime running lights
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
all other lights work. When I direct ground the lights they come on. where is the location of the main ground to the headlights?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have been waiting now for over an hour
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Sorry about delay. Check the operation of the headlamp grounding relay in the body relay block. Wiggle the relay and check for it to click, indicating a poor connection. Remove the headlamp grounding relay and check for loose or overheated terminals. The body relay block is under the drives side of the dash near the fuse block. At the connector for the multifunction switch, try grounding the Yellow wire at pin E13 with the headlight switch on and see if the lights work in high and low beam then. If the lights do work, check the Yellow wire from the switch to the grounding relay located in the Bussed Body Electrical center behind the left side of the dash for an open circuit. If the wire is OK then swap the relay with another one. Check the Black wire at the relay to see if it shows to be a chassis ground. Check for any burned terminals at the back of the electrical center. Let me know how it goes or if you run into more questions, thanks.