Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European

On the left i/p junction block x14 pin 8 is there a fuse

Customer Question

On the left i/p junction block x14 pin 8 is there a fuse somewhere for it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well it's an 08 1500 and I had my remote wire for a subwoffer and a CB radio on the pin and one day it just stopped working
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 6 months ago.

Hi there. Is this a Silverado Hybrid?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No 4.8l gmc Sierra wt

Thank you for that information.

Current to connector X14 pin 8 comes directly from BCM connector X2 pin 22 - no fuse in between. Rated for a maximum 0.3 amp load, that circuit (43) was designed to power the control side of Relay A in the optional Mobile Radio fuse block.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I most likely overloaded the 0.3amp circuit so the question is there a way to reset the circuit I am no longer getting power on that on pin

No, there is no way to reset that circuit. Once it is gone, it remains gone.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
there is no way to get it back? And if not is there another place I can safely pull voltage from for a relay for key on and in accessory

The only way to get it back would be with a new BCM.

Knowing that an electrical load is measured in Watts (Watt=VoltsXAmps), how big is the load you need to plug in? Is it just for a relay?