Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.

I have a Chevy Cobalt 09, in great shape as of recently my

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Chevy Cobalt 09, in great shape as of recently my driver Windows passenger and driver side do not open or function properly and as of recently the passenger lock depending on how long I drive it stops responding the key fab after the car has been on for awhile. I didn't use them awhole lot as I like to run the AC a lot but my girlfriend can't stand the windows not going down. Whats the most economical way to get a good repair done?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 6 months ago.

This needs a good professional diagnosis.

The body control module is known to fail and cause these issues. I've seen several of them with concerns like yours. Since these functions are all computer controlled, I wouldn't attempt a diagnosis without having the benefit of a dealer-level scan tool so I could test computer inputs and outputs before condemning anything.

A professional diagnosis will save you money, by identifying the failed part correctly the first time, and keeping you from buying parts you don't need. This isn't a very DIY friendly diagnosis or repair.