GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I have a 2003 Chevy S10. Problem....Oil psi, temp and fuel

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Chevy S10. Problem....Oil psi, temp and fuel gauge come on with the key off and run the battery down, After I kill the engine it takes a few minutes until the gauges come on then I can put a "small " amount of pressure on the turn signal switch and the gauges will go off. Also, the wipers would not go off the other day. Could all of this be caused by a bad turn signal switch and control board? Or is it more likely in the ignition switch or the cluster.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Chevy Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes too broke to hire a real mechanic.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: So far, I've pulled the fuses and nothing happens. Like I said the smallest amount off pressure on the turn signal makes the gauges go off. Or the key. The turn signal is really loose and the bright lights seem to be off a little.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: I don't think so. Not for now anyway.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 7 months ago.

Hello. when these issues arise, simply putting some pressure on the multi function switch resolves the issue?