sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2008 Chevy 3500 HD Duramax diesel truck. I have

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Chevy 3500 HD Duramax diesel truck. I have just had the fuel injection pump which is mounted in the engine replaced they also removed and tested the fuel injectors. When they put the truck back together and tried to start it the truck will not start they originally thought the key needed to be re-programmed when they hooked up a T code to the truck it read communication failed. What do I do now?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Oh no, I'm hoping to have my truck removed from the shop where it is located and sent to someone who knows what they're doing. I need my truck for work. My truck has been down for 12 days!
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: Nope
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I do agree that it sounds like the truck needs to be at a different shop. It appears they're guessing and don't really know what needs to be done to diagnose the issue.

The lack of communication is key, and without communication they wouldn't even be able to know that there was a fuel system issue that would require anything to be done with the pump or injectors. If the ECM won't communicate then it's not awake, either due to a loss of power or ground or an internal failure. If it's not awake then the engine couldn't start

If communication with no module is possible then you either have a communication bus wiring issue or a module has failed and is shorting the bus high or low, this would take some in depth testing of the bus network to diagnose.