Eddie
Eddie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I have 20 years professional experience in advanced engine controls and transmission rebuilding.
29534642

Have a 1999, built late 1998, Chevy Tahoe, 5.7 liter,

Customer Question

Have a 1999, built late 1998 , Chevy Tahoe , 5.7 liter , checked plug with screwdriver , I have fire , turned on the ignition and depressed the fuel pressure check point and it sprays gas , did this several times , replaced plugs , wires and cap , turned the distributer slightly both way while spinning it but it just will not start
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Will not start , put a crank sensor it it a couple of weeks ago , but it was running fine yesterday
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roy replied 8 months ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

the first thing I would do is check the fuel pressure. it needs to be checked with a gauge. just pushing the valve says there is some fuel but it needs a specific amount of pressure to run. it does sound like you need a fuel pump. you can rent a tester at a parts store to verify the pressure

Roy

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How many lbs do I need ?
Expert:  Roy replied 8 months ago.

ok, thanks

1998 Chevy Truck K Tahoe 4WD V8-5.7L VIN R

Vehicle » Specifications » Pressure, Vacuum and Temperature Specifications » Fuel Pressure » Pressure

Pressure55-60 psi

Open Throttle66 psi

Pressure55-60 psi

Open Throttle66 psi

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have 62 lbs of pressure
Expert:  Eddie replied 8 months ago.

Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. Does it run with starting fluid if you spray it in the air intake? I believe your spider injection system may have failed. it's common on these.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No it does not run with starter fluid . It acts like it wants to start but it doesn't