Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

My 2005 chevy silverado 1500 ls 2wd, will crank but not run.

Customer Question

My 2005 chevy silverado 1500 ls 2wd, will crank but not run. Gauges on dash are dead, engine and security light are on and flashing. My keyless entry pad won't work with truck, and even with key on and power to truck, my window and lock controls on door panel do not work. Key? Ignition? Ground wire? Relays? Also, a couple days before all this started, my coolant fans would stay running after the truck was turned off and key removed. I would have to pull relay to kill them, so that my battery wouldn't drain.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for the VIN! Let me do some digging and post back shortly

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.

The problem you are experiencing is a an issue with the computer system. The BUS network or circuit is not working. I would start by checking all fuses and fusible links and verify the powers and grounds going into the computer are good with the key on.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.

The PCM could be bad or any other of the modules on board the vehicle could be bad. But before replacing any of the modules, you will need to start by checking all of the basic stuff first.. like the fuses. If they all check out good, check for a referance voltage going to the throttle body with the key on. If there is no voltage from the PCM, then check the power and grounds going into the computer and check to see if any of the sensors are shorting out the PCM as this is a possibility.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.

I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.