AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner

My truck when I drive forward in either 1,2,3 or drive it

Customer Question

My truck when I drive forward in either 1,2,3 or drive it grinds like crazy, but it can drive fine in reverse its a 07 Silverado classic with a 4.8 and 4L80e transmission and also the abs light came on as well as soon as the issue started
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Most likely, I would like to maybe know the probably caused of this issue.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: There is not fluid leaks what so ever or no check engine light and all the fluid levels are fine on both the transmission and rear drive axle.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 7 months ago.

Hello. I am pretty sure the issue you are having is a bad wheel bearing/hub assembly. I have seen them where, moving forward they grind and moving backwards they don't. The ABS light being on also helps to support that theory since the ABS sensor is part of the hub assembly. Are you able to raise the front end and attempt to wobble the wheels and see if either or both are loose? Also try spinning both front wheels while they are elevated off the ground and see if they make any grinding noise?