Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

2014 silverado 3500hd. The truck went into reduced engine e

Customer Question

2014 silverado 3500hd . The truck went into reduced engine e power, then change fuel filter came on the dtc. I pulled over on the side of the highway and the truck will not start. This fuel filter is three weeks old and was at 90% prior to the failure
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was towin g about 17000 lbs and the reduced engine power came in the dash. As well as change fuel filter . Roadside cAmerican out and we changed the fuel filter, bled the system and truck still didn't start. They shot ether in to start it but it would shut off immediately. The truck has 105009 miles on it. Also the primer pump is not getting hard when priming .
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

Do you know which codes are stored?

Will the fuel filter housing fill up with the key on? If not then there is a fuel pump concern.

Can you check the injector pump actual and desired fuel pressure to see if the pump has failed returning all fuel pressure to the pump?

On your screen you should see a rating 1-5 stars. Please make sure to select one. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.

Thanks Chris

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris