Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

Truck was running fine one night shut it off ,came out next

Customer Question

Truck was running fine one night shut it off ,came out next morn and crank no start,no communication at dlc,scan tool says link error,low fuel light flashing as well as batt light,,if I leave the key on security light will join batt and fuel lights
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked all fuses checked wiring at bcm,checked batt connections checked ecm connectors,checked fuel press 0 psi checked for spark none
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: Truck was sitting for 3 yrs bypassed in switch pass lock by installing resistor of equal resistance of key,installed aftermarket radio but truck was fine for 2 days after insta)l
JA: Our top Chevy Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Chevy Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Chevy Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 8 months ago.

I'd start by checking power inputs to the PCM, it sounds like your PCM is not powered up, or is not communicating.

What year and model is your Chevy?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2090 silverado lt 5.3 liter
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2000 year model silverado
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can you tell me which circuits and pin numbers that need to be checked
Have you gone over the fuses with a test light yet to see if you have any open fuses?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
all fuses are good
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can pull the fuel pump relay and jump it and the fuel pump runs
All of your symptoms still point to a computer that's not powered up. I am away from my desk until Monday morning, can I follow up with you then? I can give you all of the schematics and other things that you need.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yea sounds good jerry

Thanks for hanging with me.

The attached illustration shows all of the power and ground connections for the PCM. I'd be checking them first, before doing anything else.