Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.

Chevy duramax 6.6l 2006 has no glow pug light, no service

Customer Question

chevy duramax 6.6l 2006 has no glow pug light , no service engine light, no starter engage. also pulling code u1ooo and ebcm code. all else works . have a issue with driver door module ,and 1glow plug but they been there awhile. had no problems when parked ,came out to this next morning
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes starter engages when relay is jumped but tryed new relay, also when relay jumped starter works but engine will not start.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: cking connections @, glow plug controler,installed new ignition switch, checked ebcm connecter.
JA: Is there anything else the GMC Mechanic should be aware of about your GMC?
Customer: nice shape, low miles. always serviced at gm dealership, it s in kodiack ak right know and would have to be fairied to anchrage
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GMC Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect the wiring running to the engine control module (ECM) and connections at it.If any wiring or connection issues are found this will need repaired to correct this fault here.If all wiring and connections are found to be clean and tight this may be due to an internal electrical fault in the ecm itself with it needing replaced and programmed.If no wiring issues are found let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete