Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs

I have no compression on cylinder 4 in my 2004 Trailblazer.

Customer Question

I have no compression on cylinder 4 in my 2004 Trailblazer. What could cause this?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The code reads misfire cylinder 4. Did a compression test and there is no compression
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

The most common cause for the lack of compression on any one of the cylinders is in most cases caused by a valve seating problem usually due to a burned valve. Unfortunately at either rate the cylinder head is going to have to come off and usually that means the head will need to be sent to the machine shop to be checked, the valve and seat replaced as well as checking for any signs of a crack and or warp-page. Its a pretty safe bet you going to find a burned valve.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks. That is what I was thinking also.
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

I wish I had better news for you but unfortunately I do not. Thank you as well . Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.