Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Cam! I have a question. I bought a rolling chassis from a

Customer Question

Hi Cam!
I have a question for you. I bought a rolling chassis from a 2.006 Chevrolet Express 2500 with a Vortec 4800 engine. I got all the wiring harness with it and have connected everything to the point that she starts up just fine for a second or two and then dies on me. No security light comes on (just the check engine light but not always) but I did find a P1626 error with my code reader, however it wasn't stored in the vehicles memory so I assume that's not what's keeping it from starting. It run just fine a few months ago before removing the body so I'm stumped as to why it wont start now. Do you have any pointers you could share with us?
Best regards,
Carl
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. That code is for the theft deterrent fuel enable signal. Click here for the troubleshooting tree information. Let me know if you need more help

Troubleshooting

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi again. It took me a few days to translate everything to spanish but now we've been able to go over the troubleshooting diagram and it looks like I need to check voltage and frequency as per point 4 and point 5. Do you have a wiring diagram in order to determine which cable connectors I need to check for that? I understand that I have to measure at the connector to the BCM but do not know which wires to probe. Thank you very much for your assistance.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Another thing that puzzels me: There are no trouble codes in the vehicles memory. I can only read the code using the OBD reader but not erase it since it haven't been stored according to my reader. Today I got a new error as well, U1041, but that one went away by itself.

Body control module

BCM C2