GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

This is my 4th alt my battery gauge reads under 14 volts, my

Customer Question

this is my 4th alt my battery gauge reads under 14 volts, my battery reads 12.8 volts this alternator was replaced yesterday, battery posts are clean . At this point in lost can you help NGH
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Chevy Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the only thing at point that is showing is the battery gauge is reading low my battery is reading 12.8 volts w/ engine running an this is my 4th alt.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: is
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 8 months ago.

What year and model is your Chevy?