Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

Trying to locate the Rcdlr in my 2007, Remote entry stop

Customer Question

Trying to locate the Rcdlr in my 2007 Monte Carlo
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Remote entry stop working tried both replace batteries nothing now service tire monitor system appears on dash through research found that need to replace Rcdlr fuse but do not know where it is
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Chevy Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Also tried to reprogram remotes but can't get relearn key remote to go active
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: Yes trying to fix my self
JA: Our top Chevy Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Chevy Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Chevy Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 8 months ago.

You're looking for the RCDLR, or the fuse for the RCDLR?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Fuse
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Remotes stop working and display shows service tire monitor system
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Found tsb with information but don't know where it is
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Also can't get the remote reprogram to go active so I can reprogram remote

It's located under the defroster grille, on the upper part of the dash. Remove the defroster grille and you'll see it under there.

A replacement RCDLR must be programmed with dealer equipment, so keep that in mind if you think you need to replace it.

The fuse for the RCDLR is the DISPLAY fuse, 10A, in the underhood fuse block.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I remove that vent cover and I cannot find a fuse there is it in the Dash

The fuse is not there. The module is there.

The fuse is in the underhood fuse block, as I described above.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What would the label read

It's called DISPLAY, a 10A fuse.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Fuse that says display is fine anything else I should check

If this were in my shop, I'd have a scan tool on it to see what the RCDLR is saying about all of these things. That is the fastest and easiest way to diagnose it. Assuming you don't have a scan tool like this, my best recommendation is to pay a good repair shop a few bucks to plug theirs in and have a look at what the RCDLR is doing. With a scan tool, a tech can verify that the fob button presses are being received, he can see the TPMS sensor readings, etc. Lots of good information that we just don't have.

The cheapest and fastest way to get this fixed is to have it professionally diagnosed, at a minimum, and if it needs an RCDLR, it's going to need to be programmed anyway, so a dealer is your best bet for an overall fix. We can't "see" what the computer sees without this scan tool, and I wouldn't attempt to diagnose it without having that information at my fingertips.

Did you get this issue worked out?