Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet

2004 suburban oil pressure sensor is out. I want to turn the

Customer Question

2004 suburban oil pressure sensor is out. I want to turn the chime or bells off. How do I disconnect this please?
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Can that be done?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I just want the bells to stop and chevy wants to install a $1,200 sensor---no in the budget with a truck this old
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: none
JA: Our top Chevy Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Chevy Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Chevy Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jared D replied 7 months ago.

It would be easier to replace the sensor than to disable it. The oil pressure sensor is not difficult to access on the 2004 suburban and really shouldn't be very expensive. Would you rather I send you instructions on how to replace the sensor? The replacement sensor is about $35 if you order it in online.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How much time does it take and how difficult is replacing the sensor?
Expert:  Jared D replied 7 months ago.

It takes about 15 minutes to change. Here is the diagram:

Expert:  Jared D replied 7 months ago.

Here is the socket you need:

Expert:  Jared D replied 7 months ago.

Your other option would be to disconnect the sensor connector (#1 on the diagram) and wire in a resistor that matches the signal that the sensor normally puts out. The problem is that this information isn't published anywhere- mainly because it's much less trouble to just change the sensor.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Very good. I thank you. I ordered the socket and the sensor just now on Amazon. I also watched a short video. Looks easy. Thank you again.
Expert:  Jared D replied 7 months ago.

Let me know if you need any additional help.

Please don't forget to rate.

Expert:  Jared D replied 6 months ago.

I just wanted to check and see whether you needed any additional help on this one.

Please don't forget to rate if I have been of some assistance.