Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

I HAVE 2003 BLAZER XTREME.. NEED SUNROOF REPAIR.. MOTOR

Customer Question

HELLO PEARL.. I HAVE 2003 BLAZER XTREME.. NEED SUNROOF REPAIR.. MOTOR MOUNTED IN FRONT.. DON'T SEE HOW TO GET THE CABLES FREE SO I CAN REPLACE THE BROKEN TRACK THAT THE MECHANISM RUN IN.. TERRY
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I HAVE THE WHOLE TRACT ALREADY OUT OF THE TRUCK AND SITTING ON WORK BENCH.. CAN NOT GET THE CABLES FREE EITHER AT THE MOTOR OR THE PIECE THAT SLIDES BACK AND FORTH..
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I HAVE SAID WHAT I'V DONE ALREADY.. THERE IS A NUMBER OF PICTURE AND DIRECTIONS FOR A REAR MOUNTED MOTOR.. IT DOES NOT SHOW HOW TO RELEASE THE TRACK SHOE THAT THE CABLE IS ATTACHED TO.. I NEED TO GET THE CABLE FREE..
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your truck?
Customer: NO
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 8 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/59fthn6vdclt788/0323-blazer-SUNROOF%20MANUAL%20OPERATION%20WITH%20RPO%20CODE%20ZRX.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/59fthn6vdclt788/0323-blazer-SUNROOF%20MANUAL%20OPERATION%20WITH%20RPO%20CODE%20ZRX.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I HAD ASKED A SPECIFIC QUESTION ABOUT DISCONNECTING THE CABLES IN A 2003 CHEVY BLAZER XTREME .. THE SUNROOF RAIL SO I COULD REPLACE THE BROKEN PARTS THAT WERE IN THERE.. WHAT I GOT WAS A GENERIC ANSWER THAT DID NOT TAKE CARE OF THE PROBLEM.. I ALSO SAID IT WAS A FRONT MOUNTED MOTOR.. ALSO WHAT I GOT WAS; FIRST I AGREED TO THE FIRST 5.00 $$ AND NOT THE SECOND CHARGE OF 19.00 $$.. MY MONIES AND NO CORRECT ANSWER I DON'T THINK SO.. I WOULD NOT HAVE MINDED IF A GOT AN ANSWER I COULD USE.. ENOUGH..

hi

did you open the link..

i uploaded all three versions of how to remove the sunroofs..

al the info you need is in the link

thanks