Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2001 cavalier .once engine is warm and i turn on ac .it will

Customer Question

2001 cavalier .once engine is warm and i turn on ac .it will not take off from a stop .unless i turneng off and restart .or idle engine up while sitting stopped.my scanner port is not working so i cant run dio.on it
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: ive checked all fuses and tried running without ac.ive replaced fan relay.on electric fan .now its even worse
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: it has recently started doing it even with ac off .is there a idle selinoid that can be replaced
JA: Our top Chevy Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Chevy Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Chevy Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** idle speed actuator opens up allowing increased airflow during engine load conditions such as using AC so it does sound like the idle air control actuator has probably failed. Start by cleaning actuator and throttle body with cleaner from parts store and a rag. If that doesn't help then replace the idle air control solenoid. Here are replacement instructions, let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q21j814ylun50f4/iacrr.pdf?dl=0

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i went out and purchased the item you told me was problem .cost me 70 dollars and its still doing it .so i really dont know what kinda refence you want me to say good things about
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

I'm assuming you cleaned out throttle body too? Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
cleand throttle body and changed plugs and wires .also air filter while i was into it .with out scanning it its a guessing game