BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

C1234 u1300 c1216 c1222 c 1223 c1225 c1226 c1227 c1232 c1233

Customer Question

c1234 u1300 c1216 c1222 c 1223 c1225 c1226 c1227 c1232 c1233 c1254
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No crank no start
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me what kind of vehicle this is?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I pay last night someone supposed to get back to me it's starting to look like a skin
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2002 Chevy Venture no crank no start no power is coming to the starter or ignition switch jump start at the solenoid the car ran 3 secs and shut off lights are dimming when I'm trying to crank
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is anybody going to respond or answer the question
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for getting back with me. Most of the time this is caused by a bad ignition switch or body control module. Most of the time it is the ignition switch. If you have a voltage meter I can give you some tests to do on it or you can replace it. It can also be a voltage issue from a bad connection, but the ignition switch is by far the most common.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i we buy a new ignition switch
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
l have the steering column loose to the ignition switch. I we borrow a voltmeter what do you want me to do.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 8 months ago.

You need to check the voltage at the switch with the key off and everything connected. You can do this on the back of the switch. You should have two wires with battery voltage. Then turn the key on to the run position and all but one should have battery voltage. If not then there is a problem with the switch.