Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a similar issue, but mine will only go to partial

Customer Question

I have a similar issue, but mine will only go to partial throttle response not idle. No codes or no reduce power warnings. Seems to happen more often when pulling a trailer under full load acceleration. Shortly after the hard acceleration the part throttle issue starts. the only way to correct it is to stop shut down and restart after a minute or so. After the reset all is good until you do a heavy acceleration again.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

1. It seems you picked up your post information where another you read left off.
  2. We can not see the other post you are referring to.
  3. Can you give me just a little bit more info on the issue?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No codes no lights but after a full or mostly full throttle acceleration the engine goes to 1/2 throttle after that. I have to shut down and wait then restart.

Thanks, ***** ***** do not shut it off and continue driving does all seem normal up to half throttle?

Do you have a programmer on the vehicle?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
All I normal to half or so throttle and no programmer

Thanks, ***** ***** occurs if you apply full throttle does it smoke, or run poorly?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No smoke and runs fine it just drops to low idle when you depress the throttle more than half way

Thanks, ***** ***** thing I can think to blame in this case would be the accelerator pedal position sensor faulty. I could not find any other complaints of this occurring without codes stored.

On your screen you should see a rating 1-5 stars. Please make sure to select one. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.

Thanks Chris