Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

2002 SLP Camaro SS convertible pulled dash cluster to change

Customer Question

2002 SLP Camaro SS convertible pulled dash cluster to change all bulbs. Start engine some lights went on then they all go out. Now have totally dark cluster panel
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 8 months ago.

Hi Glenn, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. If the complete cluster is out I would first test all your fuses using a test light. Probe for power on both sides of the top tabs of the fuses with the key switch on. Any fuses with power on only one side should be changed. Check the interior fuse panel as well as under the hood on the fender well I believe there is one. If all test ok, test for power and ground at your panel harness plug and look for damaged or loose connector pins. Try a wiggle test on the harness to see if the gauges come back. If not and you have power and ground, the cluster will have to be removed and sent out for repair or replaced. Let me know

If your generator will not do flash codes by counting flashes on the fault light you will need to have it plugged in which it sounds like where you left off with MQ. Check the Cummins location I posted and let me know.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
All fuses to gauge lights are good. I changed one 5amp fuse but to no avail. As far as generator and flash codes on the fault light. No idea what you are asking me.The lights do go on at startup then go out. But the lights illuminating RPM & Speed gauges never come on and are totally dark. I've tried new bulbs and changed neg & postive but nothing seems to work. I have not checked fuses underhood because by manual show they have nothing to do with cluster. Whats next?

Hi Glenn. Disregard that last post as it was not for your question. If the harness is good and you have power and ground to the cluster and all your fuses and relays are good, the next step is to send the cluster out for testing and repair or if you can find a test cluster from salvage, that is another option. click this link for one company that does repairs. Please remember to rate my service as that is how the site credits the experts for their time on the site. Also, I do recommend testing all fuses for power on both sides using a test light with the key on.

http://www.instrumentclusters.com/

Hi Glenn, Did you get this resolved?