rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

Runs a bit rough at idle. hesitates intermittently at around

Customer Question

runs a bit rough at idle. hesitates intermittently at around 80-100km while cruising with my foot on the throttle.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: replaced engine oil and filter, transmission fluid, mass air flow sensor, throttle position sensor
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: I am a licensed mechanic.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Let's check compression next for evenness across the board and do an injector balance test also testing for plugged injectors.

Thanks, Ron