Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

I have 2008 H3 is leaking red fluid near radiator. Just had

Customer Question

I have 2008 H3 is leaking red fluid near radiator. Just had rebuilt transmission and radiator is less than 1 year old.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The reservoir for radiator coolant never changes level, although I am having to add to the radiator. Very sluggish when climbing hills and the gears on auto transmission are slow to engage. Now I have a constant leak.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 8 months ago.

can you see if that red fluid leak is transmission fluid or coolant ?

is the transmission fluid full ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can't tell but the radiator seems full but the transmission is not full.
Expert:  Gary replied 8 months ago.

if the transmission fluid is low then the odds are that is transmission fluid leaking from one of the transmission cooler lines at the radiator cooler

do NOT drive this with the transmission fluid being low as it will damage the transmission

can you bring it back to the shop and have them fix this for you since there was work just done to this ?

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 8 months ago.

how are you making out ?