GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

We have a 1999 Astro Van and while driving the engine stop

Customer Question

We have a 1999 Astro Van and while driving the engine stop and could not restart van. Had it towed to repair shop and their sensor tool said it was the security anti thief. Took to a Chevy dealership and they can't find the problem. This is the second time in the last three months. Is there a way to restart the van.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The first time the van just wouldn't start and thought it was the fuel pump. It wasn't. Then a few days ago as I was approaching a stop sign the van engine shut off and I could not stop. Had it towed and their machine read Anti Security shut off. Is there a way to restart the van if this happens again. After the van sat a few days it started right up and they can't find the problem.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Are you saying that the engine does not crank over? Is the security light on or flashing when trying to start the engine? Are you looking for some possible causes or would you like me to walk you through this diagnoses?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm sorry I didn't see your response. We r on vacation with limited wifi. I will get back to you on Monday if that's okI do want to find out more from you
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.

YES, that is completley ok with me. Take your time and reply back when your ready. Enjoy your vacation!