rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I have replaced the spark plugs and wires, due to a couple

Customer Question

I have replaced the spark plugs and wires, due to a couple of the wires being severely degraded. The car runs good until you press hard on the gas, it sounds like it is either starving or missing? It also has a notable louder ehaust an engine noise when pressing the pedal to the floor and if you continue, the check engine light will flash, when you let off it will quit flashing after ~10 seconds...
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Sorry this is 2004 SS Intimidator with 3.8 Liter, Supercharged.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: Yes, I am planning to fix this myself
JA: Our top Chevy Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Chevy Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Chevy Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

Either low compression, injector issues, coil breakdown or low fuel pressure will all cause this.

Thanks, Ron