Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

I have a 2009 chevy LS 34.5L 6 cly. The traction control

Customer Question

I have a 2009 chevy LS 34.5L 6 cly. The traction control light comes on , loss of power. After, the engine is off for a while , the light comes off and the vehicle operates fine. It turns on and off once a week to two weeks. My question what part do I need to replace and where is this part located in the engine?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 10 months ago.

the odds are and is a very common issue for this car doing this is one of the front wheel speed sensors is sending a wrong signal to the ABS computer which it thinks a wheel is spinning too fast and will activate the traction control and cut the power

the trick is to have the ABS codes read and the code number set in the history will tell you which wheel it is

once you know that then inspect the wiring to that wheel speed sensor if it looks good then replacing the hub/bearing assembly for that wheel which should come with a new wheel speed sensor with it should correct this issue you are having

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 10 months ago.

how are you making out ?