Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech

Horn not working in 2007 Tahoe from remote or steering

Customer Question

Horn not working in 2007 Tahoe from remote or steering wheel
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Checked fuse 28 and it's good. Doesn't work from key fob or steering wheel so thinking it is not the steering wheel. Don't know where relay is located and cannot find where horn is.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 7 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

sense it doesnt work from the wheel or the remote,the problem may in fact be the relay.,but lets try somthing simple first,remove both battery cables from the battery

2-touch and hold the + and the - cables together for 5 seconds

3-install the battery cables back to the battery..

this will sometimes reset the bcm and the horns may start to work

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Tim, I had already reset the controller by touching + and - but tried again and no luck. The fuse is good. The horn doesn't work from button on steering wheel OR key fob (lock or panic). What should I do next?

i would think the relay..

i did include some tests in the info i gave you

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Which test will confirm it is the relay and where is the relay if I need to replace it? I was expecting the relay to be a plugin module somewhere but do not see any relay labeled Horn.

the relay may be marked pcb..

\what i sent is all the testing i have for the horn

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I think PCB means it is built-in to the printed circuit board which explains why I cannot find it. I think I'm back to where I originally started by replacing the fuse block. Thanks for trying.

yes,i would think so

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Did you want me to rate you based on this ?
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

new expert here did you still need help ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No I don't think so. I think I determined problem is with fuse block and the relay is not replaceable. How do we cancel or prorate this request?