sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I have a 1999 Chevy Venture wheelchair accesible. The

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Chevy Venture wheelchair accesible. The passenger side electrical sliding door stoped moving. It stocked about 5 inches before to close and I can't even close completly the door when I disconect the battery. Do you think because the door motor failed? Could you help? Thanks.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The fact is that I can't close completely the electrical passenger side sliding door after disconect the power. The other, not electrical door can be close and lock in the same conditions.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you can't close the door manually even with the battery disconnected then you definitely have a mechanical issue. It's possible that the motor has failed mechanically and is preventing the door from moving but it could also be a track issue, physical damage to the door or body, rollers, etc.

Aftermarket modifications would complicate things a bit. Is this door modified for a wheelchair ramp?

Did the problem happen after a repair, body damage, etc?