Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

I have a 1995 K1500 with a 305. It will not start. It just

Customer Question

I have a 1995 K1500 with a 305. It will not start. It just shut off coming up the road, it was missing a little bit just minutes before. I thought it was the fuel pump (it needed the new fuel lines on anyway). that didnt fix it so I got out my light tester, I have power coming into the coil but nothing coming out. I've now replaced it and still no spark. I'm now officially beyond my backyard skills/abilities. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roy replied 8 months ago.

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

inside the distributor there are 2 pieces that I suggest for getting spark. it is the ignition module and the distributor pick up coil. they are common for failure and will cause your exact issue.

Roy

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thanks Roy. I appreciate the assist. I.ve ran Chevys now for 20+ yrs. This is the first fuel injected beast I've had the nightmare of dealing with haha. I thought that there was something under the dist. cap but wasn't positive. Again thanks
Brian
Expert:  Roy replied 8 months ago.

your welcome

Roy

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy

Expert:  Roy replied 8 months ago.

Roy