Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

When driving with my headlights on at night, whenever i

Customer Question

When driving with my headlights on at night, whenever i switch to my high beams they burn fine for a couple of minutes, but, then switch back to low beams on their own.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I drive a 1998 k1500 pickup.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 8 months ago.

If you hit the high beam switch again, do they come back on high beam?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If i don't hit the switch, they'll eventually come back on.....However, i usually hit the switch, (back to low beam), so I don't blind the next guy driving the other way. If I click the switch again right away to burn the brights it doesn't work! But, if I wait a couple of minutes it will work when i switch them on again. But, then the cycle repeats itself!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Just checking.......

Are you sure they switch back to low beams, or do the high beams simply go out?

Did you get this worked out? Wanted to follow up and make sure you got what you needed from me.

Please remember to rate my answers, that's how I get compensated.