Edgar, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  22 years General Motors Technician, ASE Master Tech certified

2014 traverse, Code p0132 and p2097.....wiggled all the

Customer Question

2014 traverse
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Code p0132 and p2097.....wiggled all the wires and opened and closed gas cap. Code 0132 cleared on it's own, code p2097 still remains. It's been less than 24 hours and only driven about 5 miles since code 0132 cleared itself.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Dealership wants me to give it to them and leave me carless. Wondering if code 2097 will go away since 0132 did, or if I really need to give up my car all weekend
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: Not that I can think of
JA: Our top Chevy Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Chevy Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Chevy Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Edgar replied 7 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today, the code p2097 has been set because the system has found a fault in the fuel system which is too rich or too lean and the catalytic converter is not doing its job efficiently, the cause of that could be many things, leaking fuel injectors to the combustion chamber, an exhaust leak, vacuum leak, contaminated fuel, unfortunately only the dealer has the tools needed to diagnose the issue, if the vehicle continue to be driven without fixing the problem it may cause a damage to the catalytic converter.