Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

I have an 05 dura ***** ***** diesel pickup. Often truck

Customer Question

I have an 05 dura ***** ***** diesel pickup. Often truck starts rough and runs on maybe 4 cylinders. After repeated removal of ign and injector fuses and restarting it will finally run on all 8 cylinders like nothing happened. Codes are po208 injector circuit open cylinder 8 and p2149 group b fuel injector supply voltage circuit open.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I can't give you much more than I just did?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 11 months ago.

My impression is that this is the sign of a failing FICM. FICM supplies power to the fuel injectors, and it does so in two banks. I actually have one of these in the shop right now that is getting a new FICM. They are a lot of money, but if you are losing power to 4 injectors at once, short of a wiring issue, it's likely going to be the FICM.

Did you get this worked out? Wanted to follow up and make sure you got what you needed from me.

Please remember to rate my answers, that's how I get compensated.