Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

The lights in my instrument cluster are out, I have an 04

Customer Question

the lights in my instrument cluster are out
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have an 04 silverado 1500, the lights behindustry the gauges won't turn on but the other lights and indicators are turning on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 11 months ago.

IP lamp dimming voltage is supplied by the body control module. Are you comfortable with reading schematics and using electrical diagnostic tools?

Did you get this worked out? Wanted to follow up and make sure you got what you needed from me.

Please remember to rate my answers, that's how I get compensated.