rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

P0641, My 2008 sierra turned itself off, Yes, Poor man, I

Customer Question

JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My 2008 sierra turned itself off
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Poor man
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: I replaced and checked several sensors
JA: Our top Chevy Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Chevy Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Chevy Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
This code references an open circuit for a sensor and it doesn't say which one. This means that a scan tool needs to be hooked up to test all the sensor in order to find the right one's circuit.

Thanks, Ron