Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Bought new rear kenwoods 95 Chevy Tahoe wired them up and

Customer Question

Bought new rear kenwoods for my 95 Chevy Tahoe wired them up and they were working now my jvc deck is saying miswiring then reset I'm checked fuses wiring and then reset it says the same thing it still says misswiring then reset
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Was an audio amplifier installed as well?

What model JVC does your model have?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No amp and just a standard jvc deck
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Try disconnecting each speaker one at a time and see if this message goes away with one of the speakers disconnected.If it does then the fault is in the speaker that is disconnected as it can short out internally causing this here.

If the message still appears then you want to check all wiring to the speakers to see if any wiring is shorted or damaged in any way needing repaired or replaced.

Shorted speaker wiring will cause this as well as shorted speakers.If all of these are found to be o.k. then the fault is in the radio itself needing either removed and repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete