Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I'm ***** ***** and I'm working on a 02 chevy express and I

Customer Question

Hi I'm ***** ***** and I'm working on a 02 chevy express and I have no power to my guages and ignition switch
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure I just put a new ignition switch then I have no power to my guages
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK so I checked all fuses and relays and all were good but I don't have power going to the guages
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

1. What liter engine do you have?
  2. What size express is this 1500, 2500, 3500?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's a 3500 with 5.3 I think but when I was playing around the hazard switch and the lights on the guages came on as long as I held on to the switch
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
There is power going into the ignition switch, but no power coming out, also the Fuse for the guages is good, but no power to the fuse

Thanks, ***** ***** fuse is not powered with the key on? The IGN-I under the hood, Gauges and Trans under the dash are the fuses used by the instrument cluster.

Brake and Wiper and Trans under the dash are the fuses powered with the key on, let me know which are not powered.

Ignition E under the hood is powered with the key on, let me know if its not.

Crank fuse under the dash is powered when trying to start, let me know if it is not.

These tests will tell me which circuits are working and which are not. Below is a link to the diagram i am using.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/g3500.pdf

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris