JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech

I have a 1999 corvette with a code c1281, I need a steering

Customer Question

I have a 1999 corvette with a code c1281, I need a steering wheel pos sensor, only nobody has one. I would like to know how to fix this
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: as soon as I start the car and move the steering wheel the service engine soon comes on the dash
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I am a retired Chevrolet tech I know what the problem is but nobody seems to know very much about it
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: that is the problem I need a steering wheel posistion sensor but they (gm) disconted the part so I was hoping your guy might have a fix for it
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: not off hand
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chevy