Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.

I have a 2014 Chevy Silverado Double Cab and "Service

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Chevy Silverado Double Cab and "Service Trailer Brake System" keeps going on and off constantly and its very annoying. I bought it used and I've had a couple trailers on it but, it started before I used a trailer. And none of the trailers have brakes. What's the deal?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: whatever it takes
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: not that I know of
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 7 months ago.

This needs scan tool diagnosis. Trailer brakes are controlled by a computer called the TBCM, you'll need to have someone attach their scan tool and read TBCM trouble codes, just to see where to start to diagnose this issue.

If you have or can get trouble codes, I am happy to help you decipher them and repair your truck, but it has to start there.