Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.

My 2004 Chevy trailblazer is stuck in park but says reverse

Customer Question

My 2004 Chevy trailblazer is stuck in park but says reverse on the indicater but will roll . Will not come out even when rolling ? How to get in hund
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: unstuck I mesn
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: No was fine before I parked on a little grade
JA: Our top Chevy Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Chevy Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Chevy Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 7 months ago.

It sounds like your shift cable has broken, or become detached from where it connects at the transmission.

You'd have to crawl under the truck to see this, but the cable connects roughly under where the driver's feet are, on the side of the transmission. If you crawl under the truck, you can see it pretty easily. What commonly goes wrong is the little link on the side of the transmission that connects to this cable rusts away, and allows the cable to fall off. A new link (about $10) fixes it up, and most GM dealers have this piece in stock.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank u I will try that

Let me know how it turns out, and if you need anything else.